You guys! We’ve nearly made it. A week from today — Friday, March 20 — marks the first day of spring. That means this weekend is our last weekend of winter. Huzzah!
To celebrate, I’ve rounded up 12 of my favorite projects and it’s-almost-spring activities:
- build a birdhouse (or buy one)
- build a bee house (or buy one)
- build a trellis
- start some sweet potatoes
- start some sunchokes
- attend a seed swap
- order some new-to-you seeds
- order some new-to-you books
- order some new-to-you tools
- clean your tools
- review the 10 rules for rule-breaking gardens
- take a walk and look for wildlife
My personal list for this weekend includes our local community seed swap (come join us if you’re near Warrenton, Virginia), building a birdhouse or bee house (or two), and starting more sweet potato slips. What about you?