If you’re anywhere near Warrenton, Virginia, please come join us Saturday, March 25 for our sixth annual Fauquier Seed Swap.
There will be seeds (lots!). There will be gardeners. There may even be freebies from some of our favorite seed companies (we’ve asked, and are waiting for replies)!
Lots of seed swappers = lots of seeds to swap! Please help us spread the word:
Click here to see our Facebook invitation and RSVP for the event. Then, invite your friends to join us too!
Click here to download a copy of our sign, so you can print and share around your town, community, work place, etc.
A seed swap is exactly what it sounds like: a chance to swap your extra flower, vegetable or herb seeds with other gardeners.
Because maybe you have too many tomato seeds, and not enough lettuce seeds. Because you want to try a new variety. Because you have extra, and want to share. Because it will be fun.
Anyone who has seeds or wants seeds. Expert gardeners. Beginner gardeners. Aspiring gardeners. Seed-savers. You.
It’s really pretty easy…
- Bring any extra seeds that are no more than two or three years old.
- Store-bought, mail-ordered or home-saved; all seeds are welcome.
- If you are bringing seeds you saved yourself, please be sure they are from non-hybrid plants, and were saved properly.
- Please repackage large quantities of seeds into smaller envelopes or plastic baggies. Packets of 10-30 seeds are plenty for most plants and gardens.
- Please label all seed packets with the variety name, year and source. Thank you!
- If you don’t have any seeds to swap, we still hope you will come. There should be plenty of seed to share with everyone.
The John Barton Payne Building
2 Courthouse Square
Warrenton, Va 20186
Saturday, March 25, 11am-1pm
Please post your questions on our Facebook invitation. Not on Facebook? Then, just add a comment here.